Monday, July 07, 2008

Map: Summer 2008

I'm not sure where to start, but let's just say I started in Atlanta and now I am here again, thousands of miles later. As I took a deep breath today and recounted where all I have driven, flown, slept, eaten, and run in the last 2 months, I thought of those maps in the Bible that show you where Paul traveled. So I made my own map, which you can see below. The solid colored lines represent trips when I was driving and the spray paint looking lines are flights. Unlike the treks of Paul, I did not walk or ride an animal to get from place to place, though I did ride a horse while I was in California. I stayed in some of the cities (listed on the legend) one night and in some for up to 5 nights, and overall I have slept in 21 different places in the past 2 months. Zero of these places have been in my own bed, and I am looking forward with much longing to the day that I will see it again. I don't have the time or the energy right now to explain all these travels in further detail, so I will try to hit the highlights over the next few weeks with some pictures and memories. In short, I feel truly blessed to even know of 21 different places to stay and people to stay with in various cities from Charlotte to Austin to Ann Arbor. I stayed in 3 hotels and 2 beach condos, so I guess that leaves 16 houses or apartments where people invited me in (ok, sometimes I invited myself) and welcomed me for some amount of time into their homes. I regret that I don't have a home right now so that I can return the favors and extend the same hospitality to these friends, but someday I look forward to having you all over to visit... somewhere.




No comments: