From a favorite of mine:
"O love that will not let me go,
I rest my weary soul in thee;
I give thee back the life I owe,
That in thine ocean depths its flow
May richer, fuller be."
If you took the time to read that, take a little more time and meditate on it. Believe what it says: that God will not let you go, that you can rest your weary soul in him, and that surrounded by the depths of who he is, your life will become more rich. It is easy to read and even sing these words without really thinking about how they should impact our every breath. And that's just the first verse, which I think is enough to dwell on for now.
1 comment:
That it is in the ocean-like depths of God that He makes my life richer and fuller I couldn't agree more. While those are the hardest places to be, I know that those are the places he uses to break me and make me into someone capable of giving back the life I owe.
Thanks for the opportunity to meditate on that.
Post a Comment