"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." ~John Fitzgerald Kennedy
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Free Beer!
Missy, John, and I discovered the Atlanta Brewing Company for the first time last night. This brewing facility is located about 2 miles from where I live, and they have "tours" every Wednesday night at which visitors can purchase a souvenir glass for $7. With the glass, you get 6 bottle caps, each good for a full glass of freshly tapped beer. The beer itself is free because it would be illegal for the brewing company to sell their beer at the manufacturing facility. And they are not trying to con people into buying the glasses, because they also have plastic cups available for free if you'd rather not buy a glass. And there was a DJ there playing music the whole time for a little entertainment. We could not believe that this place has been right under our noses for the last two years, and we just found out about it a few weeks before graduation. I am not a huge beer drinker myself, but it was a great time and I really liked a few of the brews that they offered. If I ever actually redeem 6 bottle caps during the 2-hour time frame that the "tour" is open, it will be a bad night... But a couple of glasses for $7 is still a great deal. I discovered that I like hefeweizen, which means something about wheat beer, so I even learned something new. I have been writing tour in quotes because noone actually went on the tour. The little sitting area around the bar was full of tour patrons, but when the tour was announced we all chose to sit around and enjoy the beer instead. Maybe next week we will make time for the tour.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The pressure is on now that Julie and I have both posted within the last month! :0) I hope L.A. is treating you well.
jenn
Post a Comment