Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Spring

As is typical for me this time of year, I am basking in the wonderful joys of Spring. The warm weather (except for the last few days), the sun shining, the trees blooming, and everyone generally finding excuses to be outside and active. Winter simply encourages me to huddle up, move as little as possible, stay inside, and pray for Spring.

So praise God for Spring and for all the newness, warmth, and energy that it brings every year. I took the photo below at a Georgia Tech baseball game last weekend against Miami. GT lost pretty badly, but it was a beautiful night. It was also a somber night, because one of the GT players had died the day before this game. As far as I know, noone knows why or how he died yet, but it was sudden and very unexpected. Under the gorgeous Spring sky, as the sun is beginning to set behind the camera, the field and the players appear as usual. But if you look closely in the foreground, along the 3rd base line, you will see the number 40 painted onto the impeccably maintained grass. This was in honor of the boy who just a few nights before was in uniform with his friends and teammates. It was kind of strange for me as a disconnected spectator. I can't imagine what his teammates and family were going through.




No comments: