Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Exciting Start to the Day

Yesterday morning, I was rudely awakened at approximately 4am by dogs barking. I looked at the clock, rolled my eyes, and tried to go back to sleep for the 30 remaining minutes of my night. But the barking got worse, much worse, and it wasn't letting up at all. It sounded kind like a dog in another yard, but as the minutes went by I began to realize that this may in fact be my dog. Well, sure enough, it was the beloved Kelsey. She was barking as though our lives were in danger and looking very worrisomely behind a bush at the back fence (along the ditch). I very cautiously stepped out into the back yard to see what was on the other side of the fence bothering her. I couldn't see anything, but it was obvious by her insanity that something was there. She wouldn't even come inside when I called. So I went back in and grabbed a flashlight. I walked about halfway across the yard an shined it at the bush, and there it was, a wicked little scared-out-of-its-mind opossum. It's eyes were glaring out at me and it was making some sort of hissing sound at Kelsey. I finally got Kelsey inside, and I guess the opossum wisely found a way back out of the yard. I'm certain that particular rodent will not return. It looked about like the photo here, except under a bush instead of under a table. Gross!

No comments: