Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Nothing in Particular

I felt the need to write a little tonight in the old blog, but I don't have anything particular to share, so I will ramble a little.

First, I will update you all on the progress of my new fingernail. It is still growing, but VERY SLOWLY. In the meantime, the old fingernail is getting more pitiful every day and hanging on by a few weak cellular connections.

I am proud to announce that I have officially started my Christmas shopping, and lo and behold it is still November! This may be a first for me, but there are still many weeks for me to get behind in completing this task, so I won't celebrate too much yet. Speaking of shopping, today I went for the first time to the much acclaimed IKEA store at Atlantic Station. Wow, I had no idea what I was getting myself into! Just getting in the place to park was like going to a full-blown mall or maybe even a small airport, but keep in mind it is just one store. One very large store. It took me a few minutes after I was inside the building to figure out which way to go to start shopping. I wish I had been accompanied by an experienced IKEA-shopper to introduce me to this megalopolis of homewares. Thankfully, I was in no hurry, so I slowly navigated my way around and wandered around wide-eyed for a while. I even bought a few things, though I almost thought I would never find my way out of the shopping area to the pay-and-leave area. I finally managed to get to the cashiers, make my transaction, and find my car in the parking garage. Whew! I will spare you the next adventure, which was a visit to the rest of the Atlantic Station shopping area. Let's just say I felt like a complete foreigner in my own land, completely incapable of navigating my way around in a remotely intelligible manner. Maybe I'm not cut out for the big city after all.

And finally, an update on school. I almost forgot about school. We are nearing the end of the first semester (1 of 4), and so far I am still enjoying prosthetics and orthotics and school in general. This morning was the first of our last four major tests for the semester, and we also have one group research project to complete. So with three tests and one project to go, I feel good about this nice tidy list to check off before the start of my first 3-week Christmas break in six years. Yeah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kristin-you are cute. I enjoyed reading your updates. Wish I could have been at IKEA with you. :)