I am happy to report that I did finally fall asleep last night, maybe around 1am, but I slept. Thank goodness. And now I am preparing to try to go to bed shortly (around 10pm) so I can wake up at 4am and head to the airport for my 6am flight. I don't know what I was thinking when I booked this flight except that I wanted to get to the Keys as early as possible to hang out with Christine and Adam. Sounded good at the time.
I wish I had time to write a little about this past weekend in the mountains in Tennessee, but I guess I missed my chance during the last few days. I managed to stay pretty busy despite my lack of job - in fact, I think I got a job today. I am succumbing to the need of the hour and will be working for $10/hr as a server for downtown hotels and country clubs. If I learn bartending, which in these cases is basically pouring wine and maybe mixing whiskey and cokes, I can make $11/hr plus tips. I kind of joked about bartending while I am back in school, and I honestly didn't realize that was an option when I sought this job, but hey I think it will be fun. And lets face it, the bills must get paid. Anyway, that is one of the little things that got taken care of this week.
I don't know when I will be back to blogging, but eventually I will try to record all the vacation activities, including the Tennessee trip. After the Keys, I fly back to Atlanta and then my mom and I are driving to Lakeland, FL for 5 days. When I return from that trip, my grad school orientation will start the next day. Yikes! I have to say, I have made the most of my time off this summer. A trip to Italy would have been nice, but I am not complaining. I love the Southeast, and I have hit most of it in the last month.
Ok, off to bed. I hope I am not back at the computer whining about not being able to sleep anytime tonight!
1 comment:
that's so wierd. Just this week I told someone that I was going to take a year off of work to get my masters and bartend on the side!!! We probably are the ones most known for mixing.
love ya
Post a Comment