Sunday, October 08, 2006

Beautiful Days

This weekend has been one of the most beautiful that I have noticed in quite a while. First, I drove to Auburn yesterday for the football game against Arkansas. While the action on the field was not exactly beautiful, the lovely plains of Auburn were as beautiful as ever. I snapped a few photos as I was walking though the campus, amazed at some of the changes that have been made since I last visited. I also captured a nice shot of the stadium, filled to the brim with orange as the sun shone down and the breeze (obviously not captured in the photo) kept us all comfortable despite the warm rays. I enjoyed a few hours of tailgating with some friends who I used to work with. As you can see, we were happy to be hanging out despite the disappointing loss.

This concourse used to be a street!

Jordan-Hare Stadium at Full Capacity

Tailgating with DeLisa and Nick


Secondly, today as I was driving home from church, I was taking in the general beauty around me here in Atlanta. I wish I could have just kept driving for hours, watching the leaves fall, seeing the sun peek through the trees, and enjoying the relative quietness that can be found here on a Sunday. As the weather is turning cool, it seems that the crispness felt in the air translates to a crispness that you can see, as though your eyes are affected by the lowering temperature. It's kind of hard to describe. Does anyone else know what I mean by that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kristin, Just read your sweet story about your adoption and the plans you've made to move ahead with your life! We will be praying for you and your family as you finally have that meeting!! Be sure to take lots of pictures. Can't wait to hear all about it!!
Love,
Cathy