Ok, so last week I thought I was pretty dumb when I drove clear across town (about a 20 min drive) only to find that I did not have my purse with me in order to go shopping as planned.
This morning I topped that one. My routine when leaving for work in the morning (since it is dark) is to put my house key in the outside of the deadbolt, then cut off the carport light, then shut and lock the door. Well, today I was leaving at 4:50, and instead of putting my house key on the outside of the deadbolt I put it on the inside. I proceeded to turn out the carport light and then pull the door shut. Of course the bottom lock was locked, and now my keys were on the inside of the door. Now that was exceedingly more dumb than last week's mishap! Anyway, I spent a solid hour trying to break into my house before finally getting in through the kitchen window. The actual climbing in the window was sort of fun, but the hour of frustration and bending all of my window screens was NOT FUN. I was an hour late for work, but not too late to miss any boring meetings, the first of which I am headed to now. I'm just thankful I didn't have to call the cops or a locksmith or anyone else.
The sad thing here is that this is not the first time I have locked myself out, though it is the first time I've done it before work. I have one friend with a spare key, and she's conveniently in New York this morning, but the real question is: "Why haven't I put a key outside somewhere yet????"
No comments:
Post a Comment