Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

I have to say, I am excited about 2006. I do not look back regretfully on 2005, on the contrary, I am amazed at what a great year it was. Despite ups and downs, failures, illnesses, and rejections, I can honestly say it was a great year. The simple things of Romans 12:12, while I have not been always consistent in them (will we ever?), are the reason each year can ultimately be viewed as good. Patience in affliction, faithfulness in prayer, and joy in hope really do go a long way. So moving on to 2006, why am I so excited? I don't know if I can quite put my finger on it, but I just woke up this morning and had a great feeling of expectation. I don't know what to expect, but I know it will be part of life's adventure, and I can't wait to see how it will unfold. In the trailing wake of Christmas, the good news is that every day is Christmas with God. Every day we are forgiven, redeemed, and offered a savior. We just have to keep our eyes open and focused on this truth. I was reminded this afternoon of the invitation in Isaiah 55:

"Come, all who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost. Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare."

I hope that we will all take advantage of this offer in 2006. I hope that I will ask myself often what I am spending myself on and honestly be able to say that I am delighting in the richest of fare. Have a great year!

No comments: