Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Strong Tree - New Beginning



Some of you may have read one of my first posts in November regarding my favorite tree. If not, you can find it here:
http://seekingsimple.blogspot.com/2005/11/strong-tree.html

Basically, the tree in her glory days looked like this:

March 25, 2005

The summer of 2005 took a toll on the tree, and she began to weep:

August 17, 2005

I took a week of vacation and returned to find that someone has taken a vested interest in The Strong Tree. Today I got a new shot of her in her state of new beginning:


January 11, 2006

I love the fact that this tree's owner finally decided to give her a helping hand. She has always been so strong before, with branches held high and in a posture of hope and strength. God promises the same for us, to nourish us when there is no nourishment to be found. "The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will stregthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail." -Isaiah 58:11

No comments: