Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Feeling Good

I am sitting at my desk, actually working (except for this few minutes), and I must say that I just feel good this morning. I have a delightful cup of coffee and am enjoying it thoroughly. My body feels good after a good 4-mile run last night, even though it was treadmill versus road running. My heart feels good after a full evening of good conversation. Actually, I talked so much last night, my throat is on the verge of being sore this morning. I had dinner with a friend, and we talked for about two hours. Then I talked for about an hour with my best friend from high school. That hour was actually all catching up on the here and now of life, so we are a little behind on reminiscing the old days, but our 10-yr reunion is in a few months. I have no doubt we will reminisce plenty at that time. We are both a little shocked at how long it's been since high school, and even more shocked at how "grown up" some of our old friends are. One guy in particular we remember as the hot soccer player, dreamy kind of guy, and now he's married with a baby and has some really important sounding financial job in the energy sector. I guess we are grown up too. Well, I digress. I basically just wanted to share that I'm feeling good this morning and appreciating it.

No comments: