Thursday, February 02, 2006

Rain, Rain, Go Away

This afternoon's rain seemed somehow appropriate for the day. I really don't know why, because I'm not a big fan of rain in general. I went to a safety committee walkdown at work, and I mistakenly volunteered to cover the outside areas. The pending rain had started before I made it down the stairs and outside to start the "walkdown". Nonetheless, we found a few things that could be improved upon on our outside ladders (the weekly focus). After work I was supposed to meet with a friend to run and pray (not at the same time). We stayed inside and prayed but never made it to the running. To her credit, she walked in with running clothes in hand, asking if I was up for it. I declined. I'm a fair-weather runner. While I don't mind the rain so much, the 53 degree temp made the decision for me. So maybe I'll make up for it tomorrow after work.

Speaking of running, I am training for the Cooper River Bridge Run 10K (April 1) and so far up to 3 miles for my long runs. I've been really excited about this after all the neck issues of last year. In fact, I think the running helps!

I'm finishing up a few hours of stuyding at my favorite coffee spot, and I must say this was a fine evening to sit and drink coffee and study. Dark, cold, rainy. The only improvement would be lack of studying, but I'll take what I get.

School update: On this day, the 2nd day of February, I have not yet received anything from GT. I'll keep everyone posted as the days go by.

No comments: