"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." ~John Fitzgerald Kennedy
Thursday, February 16, 2006
Too Short
That's right. It's not that I am too short (though I am kind of short), but my PANTS are too short. My sweet friend Veronica, who has made a habit of giving me all her clothes when she tires of them or they don't fit, recently gave me a new installment. One of the items is a pair of jeans from Ann Taylor Loft, size 6 petite. Normally a size 6 is way too big, so I almost didn't try these on, but I liked the look of them. So I tried them on a few days ago and was pleased to find that they fit great. They seemed to be just barely long enough, but I didn't have shoes on, so I voted them into my wardrobe (I am the only voting member of my wardrobe board, so they passed). Well, this morning I pulled the new used jeans out and put them on, walked out the door, and headed to work. One of the many bad things about leaving the house at 5:30 in the morning is that there is no time for clothing deliberations. If I make a bad decision, I must live with it all day. Well, on my walk into the plant from the parking lot, I had the upsetting realization that my light-colored socks were way too visible. That's right, I'm ready for a flood. The jeans are irrefutably cute, but they are about two inches shy of being cute AND long enough. Thankfully I will spend all day at the nuclear power plant, where on even my worst fashion days still rank in the upper echelon of fashionable dress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
K, save these for the summer. They'll look great with flip flops!
I agree with Julie, flip-flops always work, but too cute that you ran around the plant all day in those!
Post a Comment