"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." ~John Fitzgerald Kennedy
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
Who Said There's No Such Thing as a Free Lunch?
Believe it or not, I'm eating one right now. Our cafeteria vendors got pretty excited about Valentine's Day today (definitely more excited than I am), and they are giving out free appetizers during lunch. The lunching hour around here is officially from 11am-12:30pm. Some people take that to mean those are the cafeteria hours, while others actually spend that entire time pretending to eat lunch. Anyway, on my first trip down to the cafeteria today at 11:15 I found the line running all the way around the room, out the door, and almost out of the building. I went back at about 12:10 and had much better luck. The goodies included chicken wings, two varieties of meatballs, fried chicken bites (normal or sweet&sour), nachos and cheese or mexican dip, fruit, cheese, and a few other items. All this for free and a drink to boot. Well, I put $1 in the tip jar, but still basically free. The real test now is to see whether this free lunch will feel like such a great gift when I try to run this afternoon. I'm already doubting the outcome of that one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment