Friday, May 05, 2006

Happenings

Well, I don't have much to say of interest, but every now and then the simple blog needs a simple update on life. So below is an update on the accomplishments and happenings of the past week:

1) Began the arduous task of packing up the house. My estimation is that I am a little over half- way finished.
2) Took my last test for Anatomy/Physiology. Don't know the result yet, but I know I passed the class regardless, which is good.
3) Changed magazine addresses, filled out USPS change of address, changed address for most important billing entities.
4) Finally got updated prescription filled for my new glasses (long story, but I couldn't see). Now I can see with the pricey glasses, which is very nice.
5) Exercised minimally: one short run, one long walk. My excuse is that my allergies have been horrendous for all outdoor activities lately, including running.
6) Mowed front yard. Sneezed my head off.
7) Made various repairs to house as a result of home inspection. Some are still in progress, but thankfully nothing major.
8) Went to doctor... Let's just say this is the least fun doctor for women to visit. I did not have fun.
9) Dropped off a trunk full of clothes (some mine, some a friend of mine's) at the goodwill store.
10) Went to The Pink Dipper (Old Fashioned Ice-Cream Parlour) for the first time. Thanks to Julie for this treat!
11) Had last dinner/meeting with my Bible study at a local Mexican joint. I got the Pollo Fundido (chicken chimichanga), and it was good!
12) Booked a flight to Miami so that I can visit Christine and Adam in August. Yeah!
13) Signed up for September WIC conference in Atlanta. Presbyterians like to do such things way in advance. Thankfully, I still got the "early" rate on May 4 even though the cutoff date was supposed to be May 1.
14) Had final hoorah with the engineering crowd from work. Dinner, bar, campfire in Matt's backyard. It was a long but good evening.
15) Sold back my textbooks at ASU for some quick cash. Very nice.
16) Went to scope out a new coffee shop called The Jury Room, which just opened in downtown Augusta on Wednesday. Very cool place. I would recommend that any and all people who have occasion to be downtown between 7am and 4pm go there for breakfast, lunch, or a snack.
17) Played my last tennis match with the Aiken team on Sunday. Thankfully won, and also had a great time playing. I will miss those ladies, and I hope to find a good team in Atlanta.

I guess that's about it. For tomorrow, my dear friends have planned a goodbye brunch for me. The plan was to have a nice outdoor setup in Julie's backyard. I have no doubt that Julie has worked very hard (and maybe others as well) to ensure a perfectly appointed party atmosphere. Right now it is raining. I hope this is not upsetting things too much for the planners. I am just looking forward to seeing everyone and spending time together, whether it be in the yard, the living room, or the garage. I do remember, though, when I helped plan an outdoor party for Christine and Adam's engagement which was profusely rained on. We had to move it all inside. I was bummed.

3 comments:

Julie said...

So glad it didn't rain! I've been thinking about Adam & Christine's party all week as we've been planning yours! Funny how it's been on your mind, too...

Anonymous said...

i missed it - i sure have been thinking of you...what an exciting time...and a bit sad. saying goodbye to augusta is so much more than that. the quote you put on our christmas present calenders by c.s.lewis comes to mind. what was that quote? anyway...nothing is harder than saying good bye to friends...even if you will only be 140 miles away or so...we will all be together someday with no more goodbyes...

Anonymous said...

I love you Kristin!!!

holly