Monday, May 15, 2006

What a Wonderful Day

Today was another busy day as I am still settling into the new place in Atlanta. I had one almost entirely fruitless trip to the GT campus and one slightly better trip to run errands. Most of the to-do list for the day still remains to be done. However, I must say it was a wonderful day, and I will tell you why. It was my great and wonderful pleasure to embark on a new Waffle House today. Not just new, but opened for the first time this morning! Unfortunately, this find occurred late in the afternoon, which was not an opportune time to stop and eat. I did, however, stop to see what all the fanfare was about - there was a tent out front with what appeared to be some sort of giveaway trinkets. Wow, am I ever delighted that I stopped! It turns out they were giving away official Waffle House coffee mugs. I explained that I would definitely be back to eat sometime, as WH is my favorite restaurant. I don't know if they believed me or cared, but I did walk away with my very own mug. For those of you who don't know and have never tried to get a WH mug, they do not sell those mugs. You would have to steal one to get one, and I am not about to steal from my favorite establishment (or any other establishment I hope). Of all my worldly possessions, most of which I just packed up and moved here from Augusta, this new WH mug is one of my very favorites. So, if you ever come over to my place and I offer you the WH mug for your coffee, you will know that I truly do love you.

1 comment:

Julie said...

K,

That's incredible! I've fruitlessly tried to buy one of these for you online. So glad you finally have one of your very own -- for free, at that! Can't wait to drink out of it. So glad to hear that you're settling in.

Missing you,
Jules