Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Ho Hum, or Not

I unknowingly entered this week, my last week in Augusta, realizing that I had a lot to do but really thinking it would go pretty smoothly and ho hum. Well, lets just say it's not going so smoothly. So far these things aren't getting me too worked up, as I know that it will all be fine, but a few hiccups as of right now are:

(1) Yesterday, on my way to play my last 9 holes of golf as an Augustan, I was rear-ended by a lady in a big ole Dodge truck. So now, with 4 days remaining here in Augusta, my car is in the body shop. Everything seems to be cool with her insurance, but who knows? Hopefully the work will finish by Friday, as the trusty guy at Rick's assured me it would.

(2) Today, I got the news that my house is no longer under contract. We were scheduled to close next week, but I did not agree to repair a few items that the buyer insisted on having repaired. So we're back to square one on selling the house. I'm pretty confident that it will still sell easily, but it was sure nice to have that all taken care of already, or so I thought.

Hopefully that will be the end of the hiccups and the rest of the week will be ho hum, but I'm not holding my breath...

No comments: