Sunday, March 12, 2006

Beautiful Weather!


Wow! The weather has been so ridiculously nice this weekend, I don't know where to begin in describing my joy. I will start by explaining that the photo above is not new. I took it in Toronto in May 2004 when I was there for a work conference. As you can see I got a lot of work done. I realized the other day that the "Photo of the Week" has basically disappeared, so I want to start at least posting a few here and there. Weekly may not happen. Anyway, the weather this weekend reminded me of this photo.

Yesterday started out kind of cloudy. I went on a planned 5-mile run and was not too optimistic about the rest of the day. I had planned to do yardwork which really needed to get done, but I was halfway hoping for rain because I don't like yardwork. So, it turned out to be a gorgeous day. I was able to rake out the bed in my front yard and replace the muck and mire with fresh pine straw. Somewhere in the middle of this job, I took a break, took my lawnmower apart to remove the gas tank and empty it, and refilled the tank with fresh gas. I read online that this was a fix for lawnmowers that had been sitting idle and would not start. Well, it still wouldn't start. I finished up with the pine straw (minus the beds under the bushes), and I was REALLY tired and ready to quit. Before getting in the shower, I thought I should put the lawnmower up, and before putting it up I decided to give it one last crank. Well wouldn't you know that blasted thing finally decided to start. So I went ahead and mowed the front yard, after which I was beyond really tired (not to mention sore). So I took a really quick cold shower and then started a very hot bubble bath. I enjoyed this very hot bubble bath immensely with the additional help of a very cold beer and some delightful music. Ahhh, the simple but refreshing rewards for hard work. The rest of the day was fairly boring, and I was so tired I didn't do much except for a few hours of studying. I woke up this morning to muscle soreness from the back of my neck down to the back of my knees. I rotated the heating pad to four different locations before I was ready to crawl out of bed. Thankfully, though, this was all muscle soreness and does not feel like any inflammation due to my neck problems.

Today I went to Waffle House for breakfast, then to early service at church and sunday school. I have a lot to share about that, but I will save it for another day - I'm still thinking through some of the verses that hit me this morning. I spent the afternoon outside in my backyard spending time looking over and praying through some of the aforementioned verses. I also threw in a little studying and a little light napping for good measure. All of this was outside so that I could enjoy the ridiculous nice weather. I even pulled out my beach lounge chair for some of the napping and reading. It was great.

I see that the weather report predicts cold weather starting again this week.

:-(

No comments: