Friday, March 10, 2006

Friday Already?

Wow, the week is almost over again. I'll try to keep this synopsis short though the week has been a full one...

Mom and Ben were here Saturday to Monday, and we had a full two days of chasing my favorite two-year old and enjoying the nice weather. Mom was kind of sick and didn't sleep too well, but she was a trooper anyway and put together a nice birthday party for me Sunday night. About 10 of my friends came over and we had dinner and cake. It's been a while since I've had a party with cake, even though Ben thought it was his cake, so it was fun.

Tuesday night has been blogged already.

My birthday was Wednesday, and it started off pretty well with a beautiful sunrise on the way to work. I may not have gotten any flowers from a man, but God brought me pink and purple clouds :-) For the most part, the rest of the day was pretty run-of-the-mill, except for all the nice phone calls and e-mails that I received. Then, that night at Bible study Erin surprised me with a cookie cake (thanks Erin!) and Julie surprised me at my house by being there when I got home to personally deliver her wonderful gifts (thanks Julie!).

Yesterday was run day for Julie and I, and we ran for about 50 minutes or so, probably about 4 miles or a little more. While we were running on the canal, we dodged a train (which was going VERY slow, but it still gave me a rush) and we saw a few people we knew out exercising as well. After the run, we started our little book study of The Journey of Desire, which I am very excited about.

I have a few more things to say, but I also have to do something about this wet hair in the next 15 minutes. More to come this weekend...

No comments: