Thursday, March 23, 2006

It's a Yes!


That's right... not a boy, or a girl, a yes! I received the news yesterday afternoon from Georgia Tech that they will in fact let me into the next class for the prosthetics and orthotics masters program. I'm still a little shell-shocked, not having been as confident as everyone else seemed to be that this would actually happen. I don't know why, I just had this underlying feeling that God was not going to open the door. But alas, it is open! So here I am with this newly born "yes", the ok to move forward, and I am not so sure what to think. I trust that it will come naturally with each consecutive step, but I'm also scared that I will somehow screw up, somehow thwart this opportunity for which I have prayed for over two years now. Nonetheless, I am about to jump into it with both feet forward. Thus begins a new (and no doubt exciting) adventure in this life. I pray that it will be one which is glorifying to God each step of the way.
Top photo from: http://www.opcareers.org/op_programs/

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes yes yes!!! i am sooooooo happy for you!!

Julie said...

Whoo-hoo! Congratulations, K! I am jumping for joy over this.

You are going to turn the O&P world upside down with your passion for God, love for people, and your desire to be a part of His redemptive work in the midst of human suffering. Can't wait to see how things unfold.

Love ya,
Jules

Anonymous said...

That is so great! Augusta will definately miss you.
Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the encouragements ladies! Sara, trust me I will miss Augusta more than it misses me.