So, how - you might ask - am I counting down the days?
(1) Quarters. I have stashed in my desk exactly enough quarters for one cup of coffee per day (I pay 25 cents a cup to mooch off another department). So after today, I have 34 quarters left in the stash. Actually, I only have 32 because I will not be here at the plant tomorrow or the next day, but you get the idea. Today I was asked if I wanted to join the coffee club for $10 and not have to pay a quarter a cup. I did the quick math and declined.

(2) Miles. If I include the drive home today, I should have 2,760 more miles of driving between my house and the plant. Due to previously mentioned trip that will prevent my driving here for the next two days, that brings it down to 2,600 miles. Over the years, I have come to utilize the 160 miles per day for praying, making cell phone calls, and thinking up solutions to such quagmires as world peace. Despite the usefulness of this time, I will NOT miss it!

2 comments:
You know...........you really are a "numbers nut". Somewhere in your gene pool the obsession to analyze and enumerate became dominant and now your're stuck with it. Could be worse though; think if you had an obsession to cut out comic strips and coupons (but never use them), or to save every physical object long after its useful life had ended. Just think! Does this remind you of someone close to you?
.........your dad
Yep, I'm pretty sure I have you to thank for my obsession with numbers. But hey, someone has to keep track of such things, right?
Post a Comment