Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Vogtle Sunrise and Masters is Coming

Vogtle Sunrise
Wow! This is what I was fortunate enough to not only see but capture this morning as I left the parking lot at work. I guess that was worth the previous 12 hours spent in the darkness of the night inside plant. That little glimmer of light is actually just a parking lot light, but it adds a nice effect to the budding sunrise in the background.
And now for a few photos I took yesterday on my way home from work. Note that these are just a few things that I happened to notice on my way home. I did not go out of my way, and in a few did not even stop the car. This is how prevalent all around us the onset of the Masters is.
1. It may be hard to see around my car frame, but there is a little trailer in that open lot, and there is yellow rope strung up all around as well. This particular lot, which is really just a field in front of an apartment complex, becomes one of the primo parking locations each day during the Masters tournament.

2. This structure is somewhat of a mystery, but it is erected without fail every year the week before the Masters. It seems to be some sort of contraption for transmitting video images, but you might note the lack of television or radio insignia. I have a strong inclination that this particular device is used for feeding live video of the tournament to alien life forms.

3. The structure pictured here (where last week there was only a concrete slab) will soon be transformed into a temporary party headquarters. There will be very flashy and expensive SUVs out front every day and night, caterers will scurry to and fro, and only those with the right VIP credentials will be allowed to enter and enjoy the insta-building exculsive events.


4. And finally, it would not be Masters week in my neighborhood without mass advertisement to any tourist who will please fork over handfuls of cash to stay in our literally humble abodes. I have rented mine two separate years, but alas, this year I have conflicts (see photo #5).


5. Let the games begin!

No comments: